Member of Technical Staff, Brokerage (Front-End Engineer)
Software Engineering, IT
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2023
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
You will be implementing professional, high quality UIs that are used by institutional investors around the world on a daily basis to trade, invest and exchange cryptocurrency assets. The crypto industry is one of the most exciting industries in tech today, and it is constantly changing! At Anchorage Digital, we are building foundational technology to help the crypto industry evolve in a safe, regulated and highly secure manner, which we believe is essential for maximizing the potential of this exciting industry.
We think about growth and career development differently at Anchorage Digital. We define performance as acquiring, possessing, and practicing a relevant set of skills and competencies - and the ability to apply them effectively and consistently. We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Anchorage Digital “Villagers” better measure impact and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the Front-End Software Engineering role. You will be coached, mentored and guided to grow your capabilities in 4 major areas:
- Implement UI designs to create an intuitive user experience for managing cryptocurrency trading and settlement activities.
- Review other developer’s UI code to ensure consistency, reduce errors and share context across the front-end engineering discipline.
- Ability to implement automated UI tests to validate your features work as expected.
- Work across the Front End discipline at Anchorage Digital to level up our implementation and support of UIs.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development.
- Help scale the team.
Communication and Influence:
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
You may be a fit for this role, if you have:
- You have real world experience building web applications/UI from scratch and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- You genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have production experience with web security.
- You’ve built a Chrome extension.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: €46,800 - €55,000 - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.