Engineering Lead, Digital Assets Platform
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
The mission of an Engineering Lead is to drive the healthy growth of the engineering organization. As an Engineering Lead, you are expected to help with hiring high-caliber Engineers to support the growth of the team, mentor and collaborate with team members to work toward their career goals, and drive the processes that can sustain a high-performance engineering team.
As an Engineering Lead, you will:
- Lead a team of Engineers and take responsibility for their quality of execution, timeliness of delivery, impact, and growth.
- Be a mentor and advisor, providing coaching and feedback which levels up each member of your team.
- Work closely with Product Managers to define investment in our products, ensuring harmony between our product plans, the bandwidth of the team, the realities of the technical landscape and your plans for the growth and structure of the team.
- Focus on and prioritize the health, happiness, personal/professional progression of every member on your team.
- Work with other engineering managers, product management, people/recruiting, and the rest of engineering to drive team growth, retention, and hiring moving forward.
- Have a material influence on not only what Anchorage builds, but who builds it, taking ownership for the growth planning, recruiting and performance management of a team of Engineers.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have demonstrated experience managing, mentoring, and growing a geographically distributed team.
- Have real world experience building complex distributed systems. We mostly use Go, however languages can be learned. We really care about your engineering and management skills more than any specific language or framework.
- Enjoy building services from scratch and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- Genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- Prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- Have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- Self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with applied cryptography.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.