Security DevOps Engineer
We’re a rapidly growing startup with an excellent SaaS product used by top brands globally. And we are on a mission to change the way organizations innovate: for better and for good.
Want to join us?
InnovationCast is the collaborative innovation management software (SaaS) that helps organizations discover, incubate, and accelerate ideas. In short, we connect people and ideas and enable them to bring the best ideas to life and make a difference.
We have fantastic customers like DHL, Novo Nordisk, and Delta. We’re backed by Indico Capital, Shilling Capital and accelerated by Google for Startups.
We make innovation simpler, faster, more productive, and even fun. We believe that innovation and entrepreneurship mindsets and practices will become part of how people work daily. And we are set to make it possible and accessible for companies of all shapes and sizes.
Would you like to join a growing team and have an impact on the development of a world-class product? Do you want to work on software used by thousands of people from top brands worldwide, which is used to innovate new products, business models, and even social challenges? Then this job may be for you!
What is it like to be a Security/DevOps engineer at InnovationCast?
We are looking for engineers who are interested in growing with our company, willing to learn and expand their knowledge, and make a dent in the universe.
This is a new position for us so we expect you to build the practise and lead the reliability, security and infrastructure efforts. You will work together with the development team to improve our processes and practices in delivering InnovationCast to our customers and users.
We’ll expect you to:
- Support our ISO 27001 certification process, by creating and maintaining the required controls.
- Maintain and improve InnovationCast’s security posture
- Secure our development and delivery processes
- Set up and maintain monitoring and alerting on systems
- Keep our systems up to date and secure
- Maintain and improve InnovationCast’s availability and resilience by ensuring backups exist and can be restored, making sure processes for disaster recovery are tested and well-defined and certifying that required redundancies are in place.
We already have several processes and tools in place. Some experience with the following tools is a strong plus:
- We use Vanta to support our ISO 27001 certification work.
- CI/CD is done with TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
- Infrastructure work is handled with Packer and Terraform.
- InnovationCast runs on Azure and AWS
We believe in automation and reproducibility and work towards keeping a farm of servers, not a pet café.
- Experience administering cloud systems (preferably >2 years, but competency is what we are looking for),
- Strong scripting skills to automate processes and infrastructure,
- Experience with git as source control,
- Learning mindset and motivation to further develop your skills,
- Ability to work with the rest of the company to further improve our security,
- Willingness to learn new technologies,
- Communicate clearly in written English and Portuguese,
- Based in Portugal.
Experience that can set you apart from other candidates
- Using terraform/packer to set up windows and linux cloud infrastructure,
- Experience with handling ISO certification process,
- Powershell as a scripting language,
- Familiarity with OWASP guidelines and checklists, CIS benchmarks, etc,
- Demonstrated knowledge of intrusion detection, threat management, network security, infrastructure monitoring, software vulnerabilities, and IT security controls.
How will you know if InnovationCast is the right company for you?
You want to grow personally and professionally and have a desire to learn. You want to do work that matters for people who care. You welcome change and actually like to drive it.
You don’t want to be micromanaged and want to bring actionable ideas to the team. Innovation is a team sport. Sometimes your work will seem tricky and confusing because you’ll be working on something that doesn’t exist yet. You’ll reflect on and understand our thinking and display vulnerability by asking for help, and share difficulties and potential ways forward. You don’t expect to be given a checklist. When you feel others may be in the wrong, you speak up and explain your point of view. You value honest communication.
You believe innovation and entrepreneurship can help companies change the way they work and how business is done. You may even want to become an entrepreneur. We’re set to use innovation management and entrepreneurship practices to provide software that helps companies think and act differently at scale. By opening innovation to employees, customers, and partners, organizations can explore unforeseen possibilities and make real progress they wouldn’t be able to on their own.