Tech Lead (EU Residents only)
We make it easy for everyone to build healthy habits and eat more fruit and vegetables by creating innovative products that are highly nutritious, sustainable and delicious.
How We Do It
Just 1 in 10 US adults eats the recommended minimum of 5 cups of fruits and vegetables every day. We're helping solve that problem with convenient, organic, and mouth-watering products.
We transform fresh, organic fruits and veggies into handy single-serving meal moments such as instant smoothies, delicious gum drops, and hearty bowls.
We’re searching for a seasoned engineering leader to join the kencko team as our Tech Lead. As a leader on the engineering team, you will be responsible for building the engineering org, processes, and tech to advance our mission of helping people lead healthier and more sustainable life.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and a track record of working with teams to solve large-scale business, technology, and consumer problems. We are growing extremely fast, and we are looking for people who are just as excited about scaling technical solutions as they are about scaling people and organizations in sustainable ways. We want a happy, customer-centric, technically world-class team and you to help us get there.
- Develop a team of engineers through 1-1 career coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Work hand in hand with Growth leadership to build an e-commerce platform that scales with the business
- Advise and offer clear, strategic, and hands-on guidance, on best practices for designing and architecting scalable solutions, including design reviews, code reviews, and onboarding new technologies
- In the immediate, 30-50% of your time will be devoted to hands-on engineering work. While this is likely to decrease in the future as the team grows, we’re looking for a hands-on Tech Lead
- Facilitate collaboration between product engineering teams and the rest of the org to solve interesting and challenging growth-focused problems across our consumer-facing and internal infrastructure.
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, maintainability, and performance
- Foster an excellent work environment and a fast-paced engineering culture of continuous improvement
Experience You Bring
- 10+ years of software engineering experience and 3+ years of management experience
- Experience building similar industry solutions preferred: especially data-driven, complex e-commerce, subscription, and logistics platforms
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining modern applications or data pipelines on public clouds (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS)
- Experience building SOA/micro-services oriented applications in asynchronous pub/sub environments
- A highly technical and effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- Proven track record of agile with different engineering teams and products
- Excellent communication skills, used to collaborate both within engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers make technical and career progress
- Track record of delivering high-quality products and a knack for getting things done
- Experience growing and scaling complex consumer applications a big plus, especially in DTC and/or Retail CPG
How To Apply
Along with your CV, please be sure to answer the questions found in the application. All application materials must be submitted in English.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join a B-Corp team that is shaking-up the nutrition industry for the better!
- The opportunity to work remotely in the EU so long as the working hours are compatible w/ the team
- An employee stock equity award
- Private health insurance, kencko pays 100% premium for you and your spouse/domestic partner
- 25 days of paid time off
- Steep discounts on kencko products for you and friends/family, plus free samples of new launches
- Nutrition Consults
- Generous Maternity/Paternity and Marriage Leave policies
- Destination offsites
- Donation to your favorite charity on your birthday!
- Wellness perks via our kencko-er assistance program
- A casual, dynamic, ambitious, and for real fun work environment
Kencko is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.